Since his renaissance unto mainstream relevance in 2013, Ghanaian dancehall great, Shatta Wale has not taken a glimpse backwards; he’s been winning on all fronts with such swagger, zeal and gusto.
From record music releases, sold-out concerts to annexation of major awards – the artist with arguably the biggest following in Ghanaian music has perched on top of the log for the past years.
After having a boisterous year in 2015 with a deluge of number 1 hit songs, major concerts and an epic music concert, the anticipation of he ruling again at the prestigious Vodafone Ghana Music Awards was thwarted as a result of some complications with the organizers.
That headline-making snub did not deter him from the focus of producing songs that have kept the airwaves and various events blooming – allowing him to stay ‘super’ relevant and making him the go-to act.
That work ethic has seen him garner 16 major awards thus far in the year, 2016 – both local and international, more than any other Ghanaian artist.
The four major awards (Producer of the Year/ Popular Song of the Year/Best Reggae/Dancehall Song of the Year/Artist of the Year) won at the recently held Ghana Music Awards UK in London –takes his total honors this year to 16.
He has also picked awards at the Ghana Movie Awards, Kidz Choice Awards, Blogging & Social Media Awards, as well as other international awards such as the Nigerian Entertainment Awards and the International Reggae & World Music Awards among others.
With a month to close the year, and with another major awards coming up, 4Syte Music Video Awards, Shatta Wale is highly expected to pick more laurels. Surely, he is winning over everybody’s head!
Here are the awards amassed thus far in the year;
1.Golden Movie Awards (Best Discover Of the Year)
2. Ghana DJs Award (Most Played Song of The Year)
3. Kidz Choice Awards (Best Dancehall Icon Of the Year)
4. Blogging And Social Media Awards (Best Social Media Presence)
5. African Europe DJ Awards~Italy version (Best Song Of The Year)
6. City People’s Award (Best Musician Of the Year)
7. Nigeria Entertainment Awards (African Act Of The Year)
8. African Royal Awards (Best International Act)
9.International Raggae and World Music Awards (Best African Song/Entertainer Of the Year)
10. AFRIMMA (Best Dancehall Artist)
11. Hausa Music Awards 2016 (People’s Choice of the Year)
12. GHANA PEACE AWARDS 2016 (Art for Peace of the Year= Shatta Wale)
13.GHANA MUSIC AWARDS~UK (Producer of the Year)
14.(Popular Song of the year)
15.(Best Raggae/Dancehall Song of the year)
16.(Artist Of the Year)
(List courtesy – Shadrack Amonoo Crabbe)